First Steps for flight
- Download and install the Smartphone App (You need a Bluetooth 4.0 compatible device)
- Connect the battery to the circuit board
- The Flexbot calibrates the Acclerator and Gyrometer while powering up. Therefore, it has to lay on a flat surface while the red LED flashes.
- You will probably hear a buzzing sound and some motors start spinning slowly. If that's the case, you may want to update the firmware: Compiling The Firmware
- After the red LED finished flashing you are ready to go.
- Start the app and connect to the Flexbot (go to Settings (the Button in the top right), press "Scan", select "Flexbot" and confirm with "Yes")
- Every time after starting the app, the controls are locked. So to accelerate, you have to push "unlock". Now you can 'slowly' accelerate. You need probably a big space to fly - grassland is ideal, because the frame breaks easily on concrete.
- While flying you should permanently hold your finger on the accelerate-joystick - if something happens, you have to decelerate!
- Remember not to fly longer than 6 minutes - there is no warning, when the battery will run out of juice and it may take damage if completely discharged.
- After landing (or crashing) be sure to lock the motors within the App! (otherwise the motors may accelerate within your hand *ouch*)